Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jalie 2805 as Christmas Dresses

Whew. I need a vay-kay from my vay-kay. We spent a couple weeks in California and had fun with family. Before we left, I made a few Christmas dresses out of stretch velvet. I used Jalie 2805 as my base and just added a gathered skirt at the bottom. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Here are a few shots. I never did get a chance to get a normal pose of the dresses. I made four of them. One for little Daughter #3 (that’s the red and black one), and three identical ones for the twins and their cousin.
j_2805_1

 

For the black dresses, I used FOE on the neck for the binding. I used a thick red ribbon and stitched it to the skirt where the top and bottom met. I only stitched it in the front and the back of the ribbon was extra long so it could be tied in a bow. I added little red bows at the neck.
j_2805_2

 

Here’s a better picture of the FOE elastic at the neck. This picture sort of creeps me out. It’s like her face is melting. It’s by the grace of Sheba that I got the nap to all go the same way. I never sew with this stuff and totally forgot that you need to make sure the nap is all facing the same way. Oops!
j_2805_4

 

Here’s the dress for Daughter #3. Hers is red on top with a black skirt. I didn’t have enough to make everyone’s the same. I used FOE on this one too and then added thicker ribbon and three little bows at the neckline.
j_2805_3

 

 

Hope you guys had a fantastic holiday (even with your weather in the Midwest!) and start the year refreshed! Look! Even a picture where all of us are looking at the camera!!
christmas_1

 

 

I have so much to show you guys. I just haven’t had time! I might have gotten a fabric haul at the National City Swap Meet, I might have also bought another machine (eep!), and I also might have some fabric to sell you people. I have that same wool knit from the Jalie tunic but in two different colors. I hope to have time this weekend to take some good (natural light) pictures and put it up on Etsy.

2 comments:

Lyndle said...

Gorgeous dresses and cute pics! How was the velvet stuff to sew with? Love the bows. Must get me some fold over elastic, it sounds so useful :-)
Ooh yes and can't wait to see the purchases!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very pretty dresses. They all look so cute!