Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ottobre 01-2014 #23 Ruched Leggings + Sewing Bee Update

With all the nervous energy of the Sewing Bee, I’ve been sewing up a storm. I finished off my a-line skirt, submitted it, and got the news today from PatternReview.com. I made the cut!!! I think 80-something people were cut and only 50-something continued on to Round 2. Phew! My fear is the next round will be a fitted blouse. I’ve never actually made one that fir well. Eek.


Anyway, I have been sewing, just not for me. When I got that Ottobre the other day, they had the cutest little leggings pattern. I’ve made three pairs now and the girlies are screaming for MORE, MORE, MORE. I’ve been making them out of my brightly colored remnants. Here’s the line drawing. You can see the ruching starts at about the knee and goes down a bit.
o_0114_23_1

 

Here is pair #1. I made this pair with a width of 116 and a length of 122. You can see there is still plenty of room in the width.
o_0114_23_2

 

The butt and front are really loose. I love how the print gets busier below the knee and then the medallion print meets at the butt.
o_0114_23_3

 

 

Pair #2. These have less stretch than the blue/orange pair. They seem to fit really well. These girlies are skinny minnies.
o_0114_23_4o_0114_23_7

 

Here is pair #3 on the 5-year-old. These are a straight 116. You can see the ruching on this pair really well. These same pants fit the skinny 8-year-olds just fine except for the length. All three pairs of leggings are a big hit. I just need to teach them to not wear crazy pants with crazy tops. Ahem.
o_0114_23_5

 

I have one more Ottobre pattern to show you. The next Sewing Bee Challenge starts tomorrow (I’m hoping for a lined sheath dress or something easy, NOT a fitted blouse)!!!

7 comments:

Velosewer said...

These are beaut leggings.
Congratulations for getting through Round 1!

kathyh said...

Congrats on sewing forth.
Love the leggings - the ruching is a nice touch.

daglag said...

Those leggings are adorable!
Congratulations on making it to Round 2!

M Vae said...

Congrats, looking forward to seeing what you'll make for Round 2.

About Ottobre sizing, I've found that they are always on the baggy side. I have twin girls aged 6, and have been using Ottobre patterns since they were babies. Normally I go down one size, but keep the length from the correct size. They are not even particularly skinny, average I'd say. You might want to go down two sizes...

I've made the same tights, in velour knit, as we live in Sweden with a climate similar to yours I think. They were extatic, now they can wear tights in winter as well....

poor sewer said...

you are amazing....the first ones pictured are so awesome....lucky little girls

Becky said...

Hooray! Round 2 awaits! Love the leggings and the ruby slippers!

Gabrielle Corbett said...

So cool - what lucky girls!