Sunday, March 13, 2016

Another Ottobre 02-2016 #7

I had to do it again because I knew this little pattern had potential! I LOVE this version!!!! Here’s my first version of this dress.
ott_0216_7_18

 

I did all the things I said I would do. I lengthed the skirt by 4” (four inches!!!!), I took in the waist area about an inch on each side, and I fixed the swayback issue. I absolutely love it. (And, oh yea, I wear glasses too, although I think they have never appeared on my blog. I’ve worn glasses/contacts since the 3rd grade. I’m blind as a bat that cannot echolocate.)
ott_0216_7_19

 

The back looks much better. I did an inch swayback adjustment on the back.
ott_0216_7_20
ott_0216_7_21

 

The color of the top is actually a hot pink, not read. Wow, my skin is so white. We are just starting to get some sun again!!
ott_0216_7_22

 

I still love, love, love, love this bodice. You could add a circle skirt to the bottom of this too and it would be super cute.
ott_0216_7_23

 

I took about 3/4” of an inch off the sides of the bodice at the waist.
ott_0216_7_24

 

I took the skirt in about a 1/2” at the waist and I added four inches to the bottom hem (This girl likes a short skirt too). I ended up taking the hem in another 1.5” before I hemmed it to give it a more pegged look.
ott_0216_7_25

 

This is my super easy swayback adjustment. I don’t know why I didn’t start doing this years ago.
ott_0216_7_26

 

What do you guys think??? I LOVE it!!!! I love the fit of this skirt so much, I may just make a few of these with elastic at the waist to wear with other tops.

No comments: