Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Kwik Sew 3453 - Running Vest

This is an old KwikSew pattern that is long OOP. I’ve made this running vest before with the zipper down the front. This time though, I made it with just a small neck/front zipper. I wanted something that would layer under my windproof jacket on these chilly days we’ve been having lately. This is a wicking Merino wool. I didn’t take it off after these photos. It was so warm and snuggly. This is the size small. I didn’t make any changes except to add an inch above the bust (while leaving the armholes alone).

ks_3453_12

 

I made View B.
ks_3453_13
ks_3453_14

 

Some pooling in the back but I didn’t want to add a center seam for a swayback adjustment and it’s not too bad. Oh, I lied, I also added an inch to the CB so the back hem was a bit curved. The pattern has you making it straight across on the front and back.
ks_3453_15

 

This, by the way, is what most of my pictures look like from yesterday. My remote battery must be running low on juice so I was trying to do the shots from the timed option. You know, the “fiddle with camera, push button, run for your place, hope for the best” method.
ks_3453_16

 

The colors outside are really washed out. This is the true color of this knit. I used a hot pink knit for the trim.
ks_3453_18

 

One cool design feature of this vest is that the back wraps over to the front giving you an opportunity to embellish a little bit. I choose to do a faux-piping in the seam.
ks_3453_19
ks_3453_20

 

I hate the way the black interfacing is so visible.
ks_3453_21

 

Here you can see the wicking part of the knit and the thick pink knit I used for the edges. This is the same knit I used on that Ottobre dress the other day.
ks_3453_17

 

I think I’m making another Ottobre dress in the near future. This time it’s for a kid, not me!

No comments: