Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Ottobre 02-2016 #7 Knit Dress (plus another Jalie cardigan!)

This cute little dress is from the latest Ottobre Women’s Magazine. I’m sad to say that there isn’t much in that magazine that I love. This dress is really cute and there is a spagetti-strap peplum tank that I like too. Other than that, I’m just meh on this collection. I do like the two looser t-shirts too, I guess. You can look at the whole thing here. I REALLY liked the clothes in the last women’s edition so I’ll just keep sewing out of that one. :) Yowza, this baby is short. This is with me just taking a tiny hem too. Tall people beware!
ott_0216_7_1

It has released pleats at the shoulder and waist. There are two skirt darts on the front and back for shaping.
ott_0216_7_18


I really like how the bodice turned out. You can see a tiny bit of pulling from the center where I had to tack down the cross-over. That baby was definitely just a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. Maybe I should tack it half an inch lower to help with the pulling. 
ott_0216_7_10


I should have done a swayback adjustment on this. A pretty significant one to look at the picture! I did add my normal 1” above the bust on the front and back.
ott_0216_7_3


I made the size 34 and it looks like I could have given myself a smidge more room for my butt. I did end up taking it in just above and below the elastic in the waist.
ott_0216_7_4


Even though it’s short, I’ll wear this with tights and a cardigan to work. I made a new Jalie cocoon cardigan to go with it. This cardigan is made from a very fine weave sweater knit from Girl Charlee.
ott_0216_7_5


It had great drape. I love this cardigan. It’ll be great with a white tank, blue jeans, and boots too.
ott_0216_7_6
ott_0216_7_7ott_0216_7_8

I can put the belt underneath or on top of the cardigan. I think I prefer it the other way, with the belt under the cardigan.
ott_0216_7_9
ott_0216_7_11

This Ottobre pattern also comes with a “jumpsuit” version with shorts on the bottom. I’ve never been a jumpsuit kinda girl and I’m not going to start now.
ott_0216_7_12


A close-up of the knit so you can see how fine it is.
ott_0216_7_13


I think I’ll make this again, add the swayback adjustment, and add about 3 inches to the length.
ott_0216_7_14
ott_0216_7_15

Here’s where I sewed one side over the other. You can barely see it in real life.
ott_0216_7_16


The back bodice has darts all over. There are two in the neck and two at the waist. I probably wouldn’t try this with a lightweight knit. You need something that will take the darts and pleats. I used a double knit from FabricMart.com. 
ott_0216_7_17

I have no idea what I’m making next! I guess you’ll know when I know!

No comments: