Friday, March 31, 2017

Jalie 3567–Rova Dress and Tunic

This is another one of the new Jalie patterns. This is the Rova dress (or tunic if you are so inclined). It’s a loose fit tank dress with optional pockets and waist casing that can have a tie or elastic. I chose the tie and pockets for my version. I REALLY like it. Like, really like it. This will make a fantastic throw-on dress for summer. The fabric is from Cali Fabrics (it’s here and it’s on sale right now! No, I’m not affliliated at all.). It’s a rayon challis.
j_3678_1j_3678_2

 

See the “pockets”? It’s one large, deep pocket. You could keep a cell phone in here and that baby would never fall out!
j_3678_3
j_3678_4j_3678_5

 

This is how I’ll wear it at work. It’s cold there and a cardigan is perfect with it. This is the Jalie Drop-Pocket cardigan and I made it a long time ago but still wear it regularly.
j_3678_6
j_3678_7j_3678_8

 

With Jalie’s binding method, you end up with a beautiful finish on the inside and outside. It looks better if the sewist uses the same color bobbin and topstitching thread. *cough, cough
j_3678_9
j_3678_11

 

This is inside the pocket and, again, with the beauty.
j_3678_10

I will be making several more of these for children too. I will probably not make them the tie versions; I will probably just add elastic. A word of warning on this pattern: read the directions because they switch the width of the seam allowances several times. 1/8” for the bias strips, 3/8” for the main construction, 1/4” for applying the binding, etc.

Overall, another damn winner from Jalie. I wish that every once in a while they would mess up and not be such winners. Well, not really because I freaking love their patterns!

No comments: